Wednesday, November 10, 2004

His-story.

was just scrolling through my archived writtings and noted that there's a flaw in the template.

a flaw among other flaws.

the flaw that when i change my template, the previous template carries forward when looking back.

kind of like life isnt it.

no matter what you do now, it'll never ever erase the past.
you might get over it, forgive it, even forget it
but its still there.

not always a bad thing.
to me, the marks of history are the things that re-collect my memories.
there are certain things i will never want to forget.
and i wish there would be something that could revive those moments, albeit only pictures and feelings that will never occur again.

i like this flaw.
for it makes this blog less technical
less clinical
and more human
than what it was before.

and this very flaw,
is the beauty of it all

it cant be copied
since my tampering with the html by pure trial and error has made it uniquely mine,
like no other.

it seems to be my flaw as well.
different perspectives, different trails of thought.
but my flaw seemed to be my strength at that point of time.

right now, i long to go change the picture, find the soundtrack of braveheart, add a venn diagram for the 'friends' list somewhere, sort out the archives by titles and add those 'previous' and 'next' icons that seems to be only present in diaryland and diary-x blogs.

cost has always been the practical issue. i need to attend to the more pressing matters ahead.

so it would be with devouring that alaskan salmon whooper.

ahh.

history's next.

ironic it seems, that for all 3 mathematics papers, and geography thus far, we were able to complete the paper in half the time. geography, a quater. yet, for the Language and humantities, menaing social studies, geography essays, and history, there never seems to be enough time.

at this point, people will critisize me for rambling, and i wouldnt agree less.

19th November 1800hrs
speaks of freedom.

mercymercymercy
"the prisoner has a word to say."

-pause-

deep breath.

"FREE-DOM!"

and so it shall be
when the time comes.

Narrator : I will tell you of William Wallace. Historians will call me a liar, but history is written by those who've hanged heroes.


Longshanks : Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. Their dead cost nothing.


Stephen : [Speaking heavenward] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man. Alright Father, I'll ask him.
Stephen : [To William] If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish : Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Stephen : In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.
Stephen : [Heavenward] Yes, Father.
Stephen : [To William and the others] The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the f*cking question.
William Wallace : The answer is yes. Fight for me, you get to kill the English.
Stephen : Excellent.
Stephen : I'm the most wanted man on my island. But I'm not on my island. [Laughs]
Hamish : You're island? You mean Ireland.
Stephen : Yeah. It's MINE.


English Commander : I hope you washed your ass this morning, it's about to be kissed by a king.


Longshanks : Archers.
English Commander : Beg your pardon sire, but won't we hit our own troops ?
Longshanks : Yes... but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves... attack .


Longshanks : The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.


Stephen : The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people.
Hamish : Where are you going?
William Wallace : I'm going to pick a fight.
Hamish : Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothing.


William Wallace : Every man dies, not every man really lives.


William Wallace : We all end up dead, the question is how and why.


Princess Isabelle : The king desires peace.
William Wallace : Longshanks desires peace?
Princess Isabelle : He declares it to me, I swear it. He proposes that you withdraw your attack. In return he grants you title, estates, and this chest of gold which I am to pay to you personally.
William Wallace : A lordship and titles. Gold. That I should become Judas?
Princess Isabelle : Peace is made in such ways.
William Wallace : Slaves are made in such ways. The last time Longshanks spoke of peace I was a boy. And many Scottish nobles, who would not be slaves, were lured by him under a flag of truce to a barn, where he had them hanged. I was very young, but I remember Longshank's notion of peace.


William Wallace : There's a difference between us. You think the people of this land exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.


William Wallace : Men don't follow titles, they follow courage.


Robert De Bruce's Father : Uncompromising men are easy to admire. He has courage. So does a dog. But, it is exactly the ability to compromise that makes a man noble.

William Wallace : I see a whole army of my country men, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as freemen, and freemen you are. What will you do without freedom?! Will you fight?


William Wallace : Aye. Fight and you may die. Run and you'll live, at least a while. And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance -- just one chance -- to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!


William Wallace : Go back to England and tell them there that Scotland's daughters and sons are yours no more. Tell them Scotland is free.


Narrator : In the year of our lord thirteen fourteen, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom.